Sunday, 20 August 2017

Ways to wear / style a leather jacket

Rub your hands together, get them nice and warmed up ready for an applause, because frankly I deserve one. I made an awesome purchase, that actually also needs fanfare and a red carpet, it's THAT GOOD. I am not a stranger to the shopping mall, in fact if there were a members scheme I would have earnt platinum status. This however does not mean I always make the best decisions when buying, I have made many a hormonal purchase that should never be discussed...ever.
This time I actually did good, I added (what I now consider to be) an essential item into my wardrobe. A black leather jacket, one that fits my list of requirements perfectly: short arm length, good body length, classic but not too simple, goes with most of my wardrobe.....

The jacket is from Claudie Pierlot, a brand that I had not looked at before, but one that I would now regularly check in on - the clothes are gorgeous! you can find their items on the website here or in Selfridges. I managed to bag this in the sale almost half price! pretty chuffed that I managed to bag it at the right time. Seeing as it was in the sale, it is not available anymore (sad face) however there are many options on the market at the mo, and some great faux ones too (I feel another blog post coming on)

So here it is:

There is a combination of smooth leather and suede, silver studs and silver hardware. One that I felt I could dress up or down and most importantly it fits nicely. I always find it tricky with arm length on a leather jacket, seeing as you can't roll up leather, the length needs to be just right!

Underneath, I tend to keep it simple with black or white t-shirts/vests - as far as I am concerned it is all about the jacket for the top half so simple is key here (until the colder weather hits and then its blanket scarves ahoy!) The bottom half however - there's so many options! here is how I have been wearing it and also how I plan to wear it in autumn.

Over a dress

A good way to transition from summer to autumn - I like to wear them with boots/tights


Skirts

I love wearing the jacket with pleated skirts, I think it is a nice combo of feminine and edgy! going into autumn I will pair it with mini skirts/tights/boots like this tweed mini here.


Brights/metallic trousers

I think it works well with blocks of bright colour/metallics - one of my fave combos is the jacket with these silver trousers, I think it compliments the silver hardware well.


Cropped wide leg trousers - I love the casual vibe these trousers give
Velvet skirt - velvet is a must in the colder months in my opinion! I think it compliments the suede pieces well


Denim

Then of course there is denim - it goes with pretty much all of my jeans! obviously works well with black but I have been enjoying wearing it with these H&M ripped jeans with trainers or boots. The only problem now is deciding on the handbag!!!


You can find he corresponding YouTube video below where you can see me in "strut your stuff" action - you know you want to, even if it is for a laugh #mumdance. If you head over to YouTube, I have a channel called If The Baby Allows, If you fancy subscribing I would really appreciate it!


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Some really fab suggestions, thanks for sharing X #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig