Tuesday, 12 September 2017

The perfect Autumn smokey eye - Dior 5 couleurs eyeshadow palette in Hypnotise

A new season calls for a new eye shadow palette (even though it's still summer but I am now fully embracing autumn) but to be honest I wasn't really looking for a palette of this type, a nude palette was on the agenda. However I came across this beaut while flicking through a magazine and just like that, there was moment of synchronicity. My husband sent me a message as he was in the beauty hall in duty free and asked if there was anything I needed. Can't ignore a universal sign, so it was bought.

Introducing Dior 5 couleurs in Hypnotise, a limited edition palette for A/W 2017 as part of their metallics range. Five shades with a mix of matte and shimmer shades, some with a touch of glitter.


The top two are shimmer shades, a taupe and a gold, middle is a rich copper shade, bottom two browns - one matte with sparkle and the other a matte chocolate. I have to say that I am a little disappointed with the colour pay off with the gold, it is quite sheer and I was expecting a bit more pigmentation. The taupe seems to give a better pay off out of the two shimmer shades.
My favourite shade has to be the copper in the middle, a strong pigment with a beautiful rich shade that is perfect for autumn. The two browns at the bottom give both options of sparkle and matte which opens up more smokey/smudgy eye  looks.



Over all I like the palette and how the shades work together, the sheer/glitter shades look nice built up and also over the top of the darker shades. The only thing I do not like so much is the shade of the gold on its own, as a gold eye lover that is the only thing I would change.
 Although, the sheer sparkly shades over the top of the browns creates a more day to night look (add a bit of this over the top of a brown shade to make it more evening) plus it will carry through to the festive season too.

As a whole, I am enjoying creating chocolatey/copper smudgy eyed with this palette, one I am happy I added to my stash.

(There's two different looks here)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig