Sunday 30 April 2017

For the love of Poms - Current pom pom accessories on the high street

"I think it's nice to say the word "Pom-pom" as often as you can."
MARIA KALMAN


Pom Pom - even the word makes you smile right? something about these colourful balls of fluff seems so appealing - to both young and old. If I pull out a tub of craft poms my girl is straight in there playing with the little puffs of colour, for me, I watch her play and wonder how I could utilise the surplus poms. Tie it on a shoe, wedge an earring hoop through it, stick it to a hessian bag - the hot glue gun opportunities are endless. But for now, I am going to step away from the craft box and have a nosey on the high street to see what pom adorned beauts there are on offer.

For me, poms add a bit of colour and fun to an outfit and I don't know about you but they scream summer holiday. And seeing as I am away in June, to Spain, then now is a good time for me to pimp up with poms. I am looking for accessories, I do like a pom tripped floaty dress but I am feeling more in need of pom accessories - lets see what I can find.

Clockwise from top left
-  Asos- Beach multi pom shopper - £25.00 - link here
- Matalan - All over pom straw bag - £12.00 link here - the best budget pom bag I found
- Zara - Braided tote bag with pom poms - £29.99 - link here - a more subtle way to pom
- Hush - Lara clutch - £49.00 - link here


Clockwise from top left
- Mango - Message straw basket bag - £35.99 - link here
- John Lewis - Pom pom straw grab bag - £35.00 - link here
- Pitusa Pom Pom straw beach bag - £110.00 - link here
- Sophie Anderson - Cinta striped woven raffia tote - £225.00 - link here - I love the shape of this bag, with the coloured stripe and poms on the side makes it stand out


Clockwise from top left
- ASOS Tijuana multi pom flatforms - £38.00 - link here - these would look great with a deep blue pair of jeans
- M&S Havana pom pom necklace - £25.00 - link here
-  River Island - Beige pom pom fedora hat - £20.00 link here
- Newlook - Neon yellow pom pom earrings - £3.99 link here


Clockwise from top left
- River Island - Black floral embroidered pom pom sandals - £36.00 - link here
- New look grey pom pom shoe clips - £4.99 - link here - a great way to get the pom trainer look without having to buy another pair, just clip it on your trainers.
- Hush Tassel pom pom keyring - £16.00 - link here - if you are a fair weather pom wearer then this charm gives you options, to pom or not to pom, the choice is yours.
- Boden pom pom sandals - £76.50 - link here


Clockwise from top left
- Next - Navy slingback pom pom espadrilles - £38.00 - link here
- Kate Spade - Spice things up straw tote - £268.00 - link here
- Boo hoo - Maisy pom pom earrings - £4.00 - link here
- Ted Baker - Barliee basket pom pom shopper bag - £71.20 - link here


Clockwise from top left
- Topshop - Rom pom pom sandals - £52.00 link here
- River Island - Black pom pom tassel drop earrings - £12.00 link here
- Next - Black pom point babouche shoe - £32.00 link here
- Boo hoo - Edie aztec pom pom clutch bag - £10.00 link - here


Clockwise from top left
- Accessorize pom pom clasp bracelet - £6.00 link here
- Mango pom pom pendant necklace - £17.99 link here - this instantly makes me think of being on a beach
- ASOS - Glamourous multi leather pom pom tie up sandals - £29.00 link here
- New look - 7 pack multicolour pom pom bracelet - £6.99 - link here


Clockwise from top left
- Mango - pom pom leather sandals - £49.99 - link here
- Alameda Turquesa aurora sandals - 275 EUR - link here - I can across this on Instagram and fell in love with their range of pom pom and tassle adorned sandals
- Mango - pom pom sandals - £49.99 - link here
- Dolce and Gabbana Ice cream cone bag - £1950 - link here - I couldn't not include this bag, isn't it delightful? but as my dad would say, you could buy a lot of ice creams with that #gettingold



Lastly I could not shop for poms without thinking of my girl, what girl doesn't love a good pom?

The Works - make your own pom set - £2.00 - link here
Marks & Spencer - pom pom frill swimsuit - £12 - 14 - link here - I am definitely buying this, it's so cute!
Mini Miss KG - Very cherry pom pom sandals - £45.00 link here
Forever 21 - pom pom hair tie - £1.50 - link here - I feel I may borrow this...

The extent of my current collection is shown below, poor effort right? well I may well be purchasing a few of the items above so watch this space. The towel is from Primark - at £7.00 I couldn't resist it for my summer hols.


There's so many options to choose from, whether you want to add colour and fun or just add a little something, there is something for everyone. And it doesn't stop at accessories - clothing and home wear has also been pommed, which frankly makes me want to grab my glue gun/sewing kit and pimp up what I already have. I know, I know, I said I wouldn't but the need to get crafty has overwhelmed me whilst looking at all these poms. So I made a little purchase - a plain shopping bag and some pom trim - I will keep you updated with another post with my pom purchases and my DIY attempt!

http://honestmum.com/brilliant-blog-posts-4th-may-2017/
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. These are all so fun. Who doesn't love a pom pom? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with pom poms too and a clutch I bought in Cannes with pom poms, studs and beading and it's a total beaut. Love the style of your posts btw, gorgeous. Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig